Happy New Year Everyone
Although the world isn’t safe and there are many political issues that are occurring around the world. Tim and I would still like to wish you all a year filled with prosperity, happiness, blessings and giving.
2017 had its ups and downs but because we are grateful for the many blessings we have, here is a recap of good and beautiful things that happened to us for the past year.
- We spent New Year’s at home with Tim’s Mum watched ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding’ and at midnight watched the Burj Khalifa Fire Works live.
- I had a neck surgery and got a lump removed. Thank God, I’m doing great.
- We spent a weekend in Cove Rotana Hotel in Ras Al Khaimah
- I applied for a visa to Japan and got it.
- I also bought a new computer for my office desk at home.
- Tim, Mimi, my brother Omar and I attended Guns ‘N Roses. It was a concert of a lifetime.
- Tim and I bought a 1 bedroom apartment in the Philippines.
- We even travelled to Philippines to sign the contracts and continued our holiday in Japan.
- In April we travelled to Hong Kong, Macau and Philippines again.
- During the public holiday, Tim and I decided to stay at Al Ain Rotana. We waited 3 hours to check-in so they upgraded our room to a suite. HELL YEAH!. We even made new friends.
- Tito Alpe and Tim joined me to watch the wonderful, spectacular Mary Poppins Show at the Dubai Opera.
- Mid May, we travelled with Noor, her friend Jenneka and Mimi to Georgia. We celebrated Noor’s 30th birthday in Tbilisi.
- I travelled to Lebanon by myself to apply for a new Palestinian Travel Document. Tim and his mum joined me later on this trip and on days off that didn’t require governmental visits, we travelled around Lebanon.
- Since Tim and I are married over a year, I registered him in UNESCO as my husband.
- We stayed at Bab Al Shams for the weekend and tested Tim’s drone.
- Tim started a new job and officially commutes daily to Abu Dhabi. Since we have signed a 1 year lease contract with our current apartment, we decided to move to Abu Dhabi and leave the wonderful city of Dubai once our lease expires.
- We stayed Al Hamra Village in Ras Al Khaimah for the weekend. Attended a pool party at night and the next day, we enjoyed a relaxed day on the beach.
- Had an early celebration for Tim’s 29th We stayed at Sir Bani Yas for 1 night. It was long drive from our house. We had to wake up at 5AM to be able to check in at 1PM. LOL. We enjoyed an African themed dinner and a daytime safari activity on the island.
- We went to the World Island in Dubai and visited Lebanon Island for the day.
- We officially ended the celebration at a Caribbean/ Jamaican Restaurant in Downtown, Dubai called Ting Irie.
- Noor, Mimi, Tim and I travelled for 4 days to Baku, Azerbaijan.
- We travelled to Bali, Indonesia and met the medicine man from Eat, Pray, Love.
- 30th, 2017, we travelled to Nairobi, Kenya.
- We went to Masai Mara and enjoyed the African Safari and visiting the Masai Village
- I had an early celebration for my 29th birthday at Atmosphere, Burj Khalifa. Had the highest of high teas in the world. LOL.
- 2 days before New Years, Tim and I went to Motion Gate and Bollywood at Dubai Parks and Resorts
So here were the highlights of our 2017 and hopefully 2018 will be filled with more adventures, more of positive vibes and positive news for everyone.
Wishing you all a lovely New Year
*Please feel free to share your 2017 best moments