We booked our trip with GetYourGuide.com to be able to explore Macau quickly and with a group of people. The tour consisted of 2 Indian families, 3 old single Singaporean ladies, 3 Israeli men, 2 couples from Australia, group of Filipino retirees from the US and there was us.
In our 9 hours in the city of Macau, we managed to do a lot and also learn a lot. So let me take you for a tour around Macau, the Chinese city which was colonised by the Portuguese and gained Independence on 20 Dec. 1999.
Our tour started from Hong Kong – Macau Ferry Terminal. We took the Turbo Jet to get to Macau crossing the South China Sea.
Here is what we did in 9 hours.
- Visited UNESCO Centre and St. Pauls Complex
- Walking Tour Through Senado Square (Largo de Senado)
- Bought Portuguese Tarts and Macau Biscuits from the local market located near St. Pauls Comples.
- Walked the Portuguese Alley
- Galaxy Macau Casino for Lunch
- Taoist Ma Temple
- Sands Macau Casino – To Try Our Luck
- Tour of Macau Tower Observation Deck: We decided not to go up because the weather wasn’t pleasant so the view wouldn’t be amazing. The Tower offers the highest Bungee Jump in the world.
We got dropped back to the ferry to head back to Hong Kong.
Tip: It always rains in Macau, so get an umbrella because they charge a lot.