I decided to write this blog after posting What Am I? The Journey To Discovering My Identity. As some of my readers may know, I’m multiracial.
On daily basis, I have to explain to people my ethnic background. Most of the replies I get are inappropriate and may come out as rude. So I piled up 10 Things Not To Say To A Mix Race just in case you encounter one of our “kind”.
1. So What are you?
The question itself is extremely RUDE.
Answer: I’m a HUMAN-BEING
2. If you had to pick a side, which one will it be?
I AM WHO I AM. I don’t need to pick sides.
3. Can I touch your hair?
4. Mix Race Babies Are SO HOT
It may sound like a compliment in your head but it’s creeeeeppyyyyy. GO AWAY.
5. Seriously? Those Are Your Parents????!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!THOSE ARE MY BIOLOGICAL PARENTS.
6. Your Accent is FUNNY
7. You are HALF THIS and HALF THAT so that doesn’t count
HELL YEAH IT COUNTS IT’S IN MY DNA
8. Were you adopted?
9. WOW! You’re EXOTIC
10. AHHH YOU’RE MIXED!!!!!. No wonder you look weird